Compulsion to Dance

Let's talk about dancing.

 To dance is a very human activity. It has been around for millenia for rituals, celebration, and entertainment. It's a way we celebrate culture. It was the way that we courted for many years. My grandma told me stories of filling her dance card with beaus.






For me, I've always loved to dance. I would dance up the driveway of my friend's house. I took lessons for all of my childhood and loved it. I remember dancing out the the car after my mom took me to see the Nutcracker Ballet almost every year. The music, the moves, the joy that dancing brings. I truly believe that if people just let themselves feel the music and let their body move the way that it wants to, there would be no bad dancers.

This guy understands the joy of dance. Just watching him makes me happy and makes me want to get up and dance with him. If only we could all live like Tommy Franklin.




In an effort to live in joy, I'm planning to bring more dance into my life. This doesn't mean filling another night with a dance class, which I love doing but haven't the time at the moment. I'm going to dance in the kitchen and dance on the way to get dressed and dance in the gym and, very carefully, wiggle my hips in the shower. I hope that by including this joyful movement in everyday life, I can reconnect with that feeling I had when I danced as a little girl.



What are you going to do to connect with the joy in your life? To make every moment count?

Comments

Popular Posts