Lovin' up on Canada

When we first arrived in Darwin, Northern Territory we were going through a bit of a Canada withdrawl. Luckily we found a bar that served Moosehead beer. 


It wasn't the freshest but it went down a treat!


We played some crib and tried not to lose our minds in the extreme heat. 


On July 1, Canada Day, I had to work at 7:30am but that means that I was finished about 1pm. Bargain! We went out for some cider and cards. 


I dressed in red for the occasion.



Later that evening we walked to Mindil Beach where there are night markets on Thursdays and Sundays. The market has much the same stuff every time but it's fun to watch the people and try to food. On this particular day there were fireworks!


At first I just thought that they were particularly fond of their Commonwealth sister country. 


Turned out that it was 'Cracker Day', a celebration on self-government for the NT. Either way the free fireworks were some of the best that I've ever seen. Such a treat!



Today I feel lucky to be from one great country and living in another. 






Comments

Cara said…
So glad you found some! When are you supposed to come back?!

Popular Posts