Goodbye Australia


Tomorrow I leave Australia. I've been here for 1 year. Time is a funny old thing, it goes by so fast and so slowly at the same time. This year wasn't what I was expecting, whatever that was. It was more challenging and lonely than I thought that it would be. But at the same time there were some really beautiful and wonderful times too. I met some great people who I hope I'll be able to see somewhere in this wide world again. I got to hang out with the Gentleman Caller everyday and it's still a treat, so that's good.

 I feel weird about the whole thing. A year. A whole year has gone by... There are many things that I learned. It's something that I clearly have to sit down and ponder out with a journal, a glidey pen and some watercolour pencils. I hope I have time to do that soon. But not today. Today I pack up my heavy bags, spend the last of my Australian change, and climb on a plane to New Zealand.

Today I am thankful for adventure and quiet times, parties and reading on the beach, wine and cold, clear tasty Melbourne water. I am thankful for every decision that I have made, every person that I have met that has brought me to this very moment. Because this moment? It's pretty great.

(and yes, I'm still about 3 months behind on posting. Better get used to it.)

Comments

Melissa said…
Don't you stress yourself out trying to keep up with posting. You just do it when you can.

I'm glad you had such a life-changing and educational experience. I'm excited to see where life takes you next! :)
I love your attitude, Danielle. Life is about trying and doing, not necessarily failing or succeeding. (I'm slowly realizing this, myself) and I really commend you for just going out there to do what your heart desires.

Onward to your next adventure! And I wish you good luck, good health, and lots of amazing adventures.

Hugs,
Laura

Popular Posts