Differences: Sushi

This is me.



I am a big fan of sushi. And when I  say that, I mean I like it.  A lot. I get it most days for lunch both in Australia and at home in Canada.

In Canada takeaway sushi looks like this:


In Australia takeaway sushi looks like this:



The roll is huge and you just gnaw on it. I suppose that makes it much easier to eat on the go. Also the soya sauce is in this cute little fish containers.

Anyway you present it to me, I dig it. I think I just made myself hungry.


Today I am thankful for foods that I love being ever present and easy to find. Also for my mom insisting that I try sushi even though the first experience was pretty terrible. Note to future sushi enthusiasts: do not start experimental sushi tastings with a slimy eel. Try an creamy avocado roll instead. It will change your life. True story.

Comments

I love sushi. I will eat anything wrapped with rice and seaweed. FOR REALSIES. and eel is one of my faves. YUMZ.

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
Kirstin said…
Haha, I still haven't tried sushi! But I remember hearing people say they were different from Canada! No idea they looked that different for take away though! Hehe, take away.
that IS a true story! avocado rolls are my absolute FAVORITE. im a vegetarian, so i'll order a few other veg rolls, but the avocado...SWOON.

i love the long, sub sandwich style of the aussie rolls! how cool!
Bella said…
Give me California roll any day of the week! I don't think I could eat the Australian big roll! I would definitely have to cut mine! Silly me! :)

Popular Posts