Stripey Bottom

I've been seeing bloggers and people on the street wearing tight mini skirts. I wanted to try it out but was also pretty sure that this trend isn't meant for women my size. Then I saw this skirt for $14 and thought 'why not? maybe? could I?'
If you follow me on the Twitter you may have seen that I was lamenting that I didn't have any bloggers who I could text to get a second opinion. I put it back on the shelf twice. I asked the Gentleman Caller, but since he's a dude he was just like "oooo mini skirt!" which, while appreciated, was not terribly helpful. So here it is. Still not totally sold. At some moments I felt sexy and confident and others I felt that really it is much too short.

cardigan: Ricki's
top: Big W
skirt: Target
leggings: Target but in USA
shoes: Quick Brown Fox


Today I am thankful for the wonderful friends that I have even though they are a million, kajillion, babillion kilometres away. 


Comments

Style Journey said…
You are rockin the striped mini! You look really cute :)
Orangies Attic said…
I think it looks awesome... the leggings keep it from looking too short or tight or anything else that you might worry about. Adorable!
Cara said…
I could say "It looks great" or "I'd like to see it a bit longer" or what have you, but if you're not comfortable or unsure of it, it's up to you! Keep playing around with it until you're confident in it!
I LOVE a short mini! you wear it really well, Danielle!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
LOVE IT! Absolutely love it on you.
Chelsea said…
Ooooh I'm so glad you went for it, because you look fantastic in that little number! Seriously fantastic :)
Jolene said…
I think it looks great!! I know what you mean though, I see so many plus sized girls doing the mini. Some it looks great on, others I don't think it looks great, but as long as they are loving it that's all that matters. I'm not so sure I could do a mini anymore, been a LONG LONG time since I've done one. But on you, I think you definitely rock it!

Jolene
http://accordingtojolene.blogspot.com
geetabix said…
I think it totally works :)
Anonymous said…
Looks great, think the leggings make it from being too short :)
Anonymous said…
Love it! Super cute. I'd love to find one like it.

Popular Posts