Aussie Birthday

Birthday!
For my 30th birthday we wandered down to the market. I think it might be one of my favourite places. Maybe I just really like beautiful fruits and vegetables piled up attractively?



We also went to the Australian Centre for the Moving Image. There were lots of really interesting exhibits on the history of film and special effects interactive displays.


The most exciting part of my birthday was that my friend organized for us to go to Movida for dinner. This is an amazing little restaurant that is hidden down a little lane that is covered with graffiti. You would never know that it was a place that you have to book months ahead (she got these reservations in July). I've never had food like that. I've never even dreamed of food like that. It's a tapas bar so you order lots of little things and share them. Mostly it was cutting tiny portions in half and then losing your mind over the incredible flavour. I mean, we ate House Cold Smoked Spanish Mackerel with Pine Nut Gazpacho Sorbet, Pyrenees wet roast Lamb Breast with Fino and Paprika sauce and Hot Chocolate Ganache Pudding with Vanilla Bean ice-cream and Nougat, just to name a few. Absolutely and utterly incredible! As it was also outrageously expensive this was likely the only time that I will ever have something like that. Sadly I didn't take pictures of the food. I was busy eating it. 


cardigan: gift
dress & tights: Ricki's
shoes: Fly London
necklace: gift
bag: Matt & Nat
bracelet: gift

Today I am thankful for being 30 years old, having amazing friends, and incredible food.


Comments

Style Journey said…
The food sounds amazing! Can't believe you had to reserve in July!
Danielle, I am jealous of all that fresh produce... you get to have summer twice this year!
Have a happy weekend!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
enter my Shabby Apple giveaway
Anonymous said…
Wow, what a fun experience for your special day! I hope it was spectacular!
Cara said…
Happy birthday! What a great friend you have to make those reservations!

Popular Posts