Friday, March 4, 2011

Fairy Princess!

I'm lucky that the Gentleman Caller doesn't overtly think that I'm entirely ridiculous. Because really? This was an outrageous purchase.

feb 13 2011

I've always wanted a petticoat, a tutu. Ever since I was a little girl taking dance classes I wanted to wear something with loads of layers, something almost too pretty. So after petting this in the store for a good 15 minutes I had to buy it. And wear it out of the store. And convince myself that the looks I got whilst walking down the street weren't because I was strange but rather awesome. We went to a pub and got Guinness wings and butter chicken curry fries. Super healthy. But I didn't care I just kept twirling and walking with an exaggerated sway.


cardigan: Ricki's 
tank: Joe Fresh
petticoat of love: Sam's from Decadence Vintage
leggings: Joe Fresh
OTK boots: Steve Madden

Maybe I am strange... but it's fun!

Today I am thankful for childhood dreams coming true! Now just to figure out how I can actually wear this thing!

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

Listen up, sister, for I'm about to preach the gospel: There's _no_ way _not_ to wear that thing!

Erin said...

Argh!!! I am SO jealous! Just like you, I've wanted one since I was a child...and I have no luck finding one!

ASOS had the cutest skirt type one, but of course they sold out before I could get it.

It looks awesome, wear it as much as possible! I will live vicariously through you until I find one of my own!

Kirstin Marie said...

LOVE. I want one of those skirts so badly.

You are a very pretty fairy princess. :)

The Merry Traveller said...

You look fantabulous! You should wear it wherever you go! I feel like giving you ballet pumps and asking you to twirl while I play Fur Elise!

Matt said...

I LOVE this post and this outfit!! And I totally wish I was as brave as you to buy something like that and walk out of the store twirling and being so awesome! I'm so glad I found your blog!! :)