Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blowing like leaves in the wind

The manager of the place that I'm working right now is only there once a week. Last time I worked here the dress code was really strict. I figured the best way to see what I can get away with is to wear purple tights and sparkly shoes while she is in town.

may 5 2011

All she said was "great shoes!" so I think that it went well. I also went and talked to my old boss. Turns out that they received funding for a position so I'm going back to my old job, with a new title, at the end of May. I'm sooo excited! It's only part time for now but I'm really ok with that!

scarf: gift
dress: Joe Fresh
tights: We Love Colours
shoes: Nine West, sparklated by me


Today I am grateful for things working out, even when you've nearly given up hope...

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Melissa said...

OOOOOOHHHHH! Congratulations!!! I'm super excited for you. You're going back to the job you liked, right? Yay!

That dress is adorable on you. I love it with the bright tights and those ARE great shoes! :)

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I need to hear about good job news like this - it gives me hope! I just found out on Thursday that a job I thought I was a shoe-in for (not Danger Bay) I'm not even getting an interview for, so I'm feeling pretty down. But things will work out - for me and for you!

Allison said...

Wow! Congrats on the job, that's awesome! Sparkly shoes and purple tights are just the way to celebrate good job news :)

Cara said...

So glad that things are falling onto place for you!

I love the sparkly shoes! I love that you made them sparkly... I may have to do that!

Vanessa said...

Love the print and the pop of color! It's pretty!

FutureLint said...

Yay! That's so exciting about the job! I love the bright tights and what a good idea to sparkle your own shoes! I'll have to find a pair I don't wear and bust out some glitter and glue!