Chickpea and avocado salad

The other day I posted a link for an amazing salad. The Gentleman Caller and I made it. And yup that is a great salad.

Here's how you do it.

Gather you ingredients and get excited.

1 540ml (19oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 avocados, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (I used the ones in oil)
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped


Forget to take a photo of the process of rinsing the chickpeas.

Chop up your cabbage like so.


Chop up your avocados.


And your onions.


And your sundried tomatoes.


And your parsley. Or if you're me, cilantro instead.


Mix it all together with that dressing that you whisked right up.

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste

(I reckon it needs a bit of lemon juice too)


Eat it all up!



How good is that?









Comments

Megan G said…
Yum! This looks really really good. I love the idea of cabbage and chickpea base. I might have to tweak it a bit (not an avocado fan) but it does give me a great jumping off point for the lone can of chickpeas I've got in the pantry.

Popular Posts