Dress for a Garden Party (eShakti Review)

I was contacted by eShakti to review a dress about a year ago. Unfortunately, I was in Australia and they are unable to ship there. So I had to decline.

To my utter delight, I received another email recently from eShakti. I picked out three items and they would send me one to review.

I had a really hard time deciding what to order. I liked so many things on the site! After much deliberation and requesting of input by the Gentleman Caller, I finally decided.

eshakti 1


The problem was that 2 of the dresses that I was very interested in did not have enough fabric left in stock! Such a shame. I did find 2 that I was interested in and subsequently ordered as well as the jacket.


eshakti2

I had no idea which one they would send. But it's so exciting to get new things especially in the mail!! 

*   *   *

OK. It's here! I ordered the dress on the 17th of February and it arrived today on March 6. Not too bad at all!
I was surprised at how flat the package was, I almost didn't believe it contained a dress. It was so exciting not to know which item it would be! Like Christmas!

I pulled out the green striped dress and tried it on immediately. It is unlined, which is usually not my favourite but it might be nice in the summer months when it's warm and beautiful out. I can't wait to twirl around in it!



The sweetheart neckline is so lovely. I need to find a better bra to wear with it but I was too excited to try it on to go searching for one. The back has a really cute cut out (which I forgot to take a photo of... I blame the fact that it's still very firmly winter here). There are deep and fabulous pockets so I can carry all the essentials without being burdened by a bag. Best feature of dresses by far.


The really cool thing about eShakti dresses is that they are totally customizable. You can order the standard size or you can have a nice friend measure you up and order according to those. You can make it longer, add sleeves or, God forbid, take away the pockets. Really you can make it yours.

I realize that it might appear that I'm looking at the boobalas... (I blame being cold)

I requested the dress to be knee-length because it appeared like the right length on the cartoon guide. I think it might be a little short. Next time I would order the below knee length just to be sure.

This is what happens when you realize what the above photo might look like

This experience was such a treat! And the fine people at eShakti are also offering you a treat too! You can head over to eShakti's site, pick out something amazing (and believe me, there is lots!) and get 20% off your order when you use the discount code KEEPWRMDNE. What a deal!! This discount is valid until March 20, 2013. Let me know what you get!!

Today I'm thankful for new things and learning about new companies that are making their way through the world...




Comments

Cara said…
So cute! I got my dress on Monday, but haven't had the time to take pictures yet! And be glad you at least have boobalas to look at! I think the dress fits you perfectly!
geetabix said…
That is such an awesome dress! Great colour, perfect fit. And pockets!! Thanks for posting this - I've always thought about trying eShakti but never got to it.
The Girly Gamer said…
That's an amazing dress! I've been looking into eShakti but haven't bought anything there yet. This post might have just convinced me though!

Michelle
The Girly Gamer

Popular Posts