Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canadian Fan Dance

Today it was 31 degrees!!! That's 87 F for my American pals (and hey, you guys, it's Canada Day tomorrow. So you can vicariously celebrate twice this weekend!). The point is that it was HOTTTTT! After work I walked to the park a block away and parked myself under a tree with a book and some cold soda water. Oh, yeah, I'm living the dream.

june 29 2011

I couldn't even bare to put on the AC cardigan for the pictures. I might have wilted right there. Immediately after I took a cold bath and drank a glass of chilled wine and ate banana chocolate "ice cream". HOLY PANTS! It was possibly the best thing ever.

dress: H&M from my trip to NYC 1 year ago
leggings: Ricki's (I've stockpiled them)
bracelets: Spring
necklaces: both from different craft fairs
shoes: Melissa from Gravity Pope
Barcelona fan: gift from my English friend when we were there in 2008 (also helping me to keep my sanity and partial functionality)


Today I am thankful for having the chance to work with women who I respect as coworkers and really enjoy as friends. That is very lucky indeed. 


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Allison said...

My word that is hot! It was only 16 degrees here yesterday. Brrr.
Happy Canada day!

Cara said...

It was uncomfortably hot... so uncomfortably hot that I turned on the air conditioner - something I rarely do. Within 5 minutes, I was very glad that we pay through the roof for this place. And yes, we are in the Student Ghetto. I'd accuse you of being creepy, but I was walking downtown the other day and went: "Oh, that must be where Danielle works", so we are equally as creepy.

I love the fullness of that skirt!

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

Bah, it was 97 where I live yesterday, so I have no pity for you. I do have jealousy over the smooshed banana, but that's a different story.

My friend and I are going to Whole Foods tomorrow to celebrate Canada Day with a Mountie, poutine, Nanaimo bars and butter tarts!

Melissa said...

You look so adorable!

And I'm with Katie - it's been in the upper 90s here too, so no sympathy from me! ;)

Bella said...

And don't you look beautiful in spite of feeling wilted! :) I love this dress! I can't think of a better way to beat the summer heat than consuming banana chocolate ice cream!

LyddieGal said...

Glad you are getting to enjoy some summer weather!
I almost dont mind being hot, just because its summer, and it's better than being freezing!

Chic on the Cheap

laura said...

It's supposed to be 90+ degrees here today. When the thermometer reaches 85, I plan on being at the public library, mooching some AC since I don't want to pay for it myself. hahahaha. And banana choc ice cream sound divine!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Terri said...

banana chocolate ice cream? That's a great way to keep cool. Admiring the dress!