Guide me to safety

We have been having the worst weather. Friday was blustery and rainy all day. I had to walk about 6 blocks to pick up these boots from the cobbler and my umbrella turned inside out 5 times. By the time I struggled  back to work I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein.

june 17 2011

I wore wedges all day but by the time it came to take the pictures I had changed to my newly fixed boots as my feet were cold and wet.
After after-work drink I went to a movie called Midnight in Paris. It was a beautiful love letter to the city and also about perils of nostalgia. Often people go through a phase where they think an earlier time would have been better to live in but this was about learning to make your own Golden Era. All in all it was beautiful!
Also, by tucking up my cardigan and belting it I felt a little like Tiffany from A Reason to Be Fabulous today!
cardigan: Ricki's
belt: H&M
necklace: arts fair
dress: Joe Fresh
boots: Ayla
wedges the rest of the day: New Look

Today I'm thankful for tea. On blustery, cold, rainy days (which we've been having waaay too many of) a nice cup of tea makes things seem cozy, instead of just depressing...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love how you belted and cropped the cardigan- so cute and inventive!! :)
Lady, you rock the pink and black like nobody's business!
Melissa said…
You look so pretty! I love the contrast of the pink and black. The movie sounds like a great one!
LyddieGal said…
Your pink dress does not say cold rainy day at all - so i hope it is keeping your spirits up. I can not deal with rainy weather at all - i hope it leaves you soon (but does not come visit me).
laura said…
Blustery days are no fun! But you look lovely in your sweet ensemble! I love those wedges, but the boots are practical and are cute too!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
Cara said…
Ugh - rain rain go away! Yesterday was crazy - I was getting texts from friends that they were getting pounded with rain, yet the sun was shining in my neighbourhood!

Who is your cobbler? I didn't get a few pairs of sandals fixed before I packed them away in fall, and I never remember that until I'm halfway to work in a shoe that just isn't happy!

Popular Posts