Grump Bucket

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It's Monday. It's cold. My neck hurts. I walked to work and read the news. It all sucks. A son shot his elderly parents. A woman died after wandering around in the cold. A little girl was killed in 1984 and only now is a trial starting (I remember reading a book about her when I was about 15 and the story stuck with me). There are floods & out of control wildfires in Australia and mudslides in Brazil. Hundreds of dead seals are washing up on the coast of Labrador.
jan 17 2011

What is going on? Why can't we just take care of each other and make the world a better place? I really feel that if people took more of an interest in others than themselves, people would feel more connected, less isolated and more invested in the world. I guess it all makes sense since today is Blue Monday, the most statistically depressing day of the year.
cardi, pink top, leggings: Joe Fresh
skirt: Ricki's
shoes: Berti via ebay
necklace: craft fair
earrings: Santa


Getting caught by the camera timer. Classic.
Today I am thankful for eyelashes. Not only do they make my love affair with mascara make sense but they also save my eyeballs. Like today for instance, I am grateful that I have lashes that can freeze together on my walk to work, rather than have my eyeballs shrivel and die fro -31C wind. I know. I complain a lot. Ugh.

I'm also thankful for my new drinking cup. It's spill proof and totally insulated. My Cinnamon Heart tea is still hot. Ice cubes last for 36 hours! And as clumsy as I am I won't ruin my papers/computer/skirt with spillage! Amazing!

Comments

geetabix said…
"Why can't we just take care of each other and make the world a better place? I really feel that if people took more of an interest in others than themselves, people would feel more connected, less isolated and more invested in the world"

You're so right! I've been trying a little harder on this one lately.
Vanessa said…
Gosh, I had no idea there was such a thing as Blue Monday. It makes a lot of sense though. Come to think of it, I've been feeling a little down and a lot of my coworkers have been downright grumpy, too! At least you had this cheerful shade of pink to brighten up your day. It's a lovely shade on you!
And, thanks for taking the time to read my hugely long post on negative comments! I definitely tried to keep a sense of humor about the entire thing, and it's because of all the nice comments that I get from ladies like you that my wounds don't sting too much!
Bella said…
I loved, loved this post! Not only do you create awareness, you remind us of what truly counts in the hear and the now that we're living in. On a side note, while the news might be depressing, your outfit is just uplifting! You look smashing! That pink is nothing less than incredible! Oh, and I gotta get me one of those cups!
Melissa said…
Well for this being Blue Monday, you and your outfit do a great job brightening everything up! :) You look great!
Matt said…
Love the outfit!! And I have never heard of Blue Monday... I admit the first thing I thought of was the song rather than a day of the year.

Popular Posts