It's been so long since you said...

I'm very slow to get moving on saturdays. I try but time just seems to slip away.
I ventured out to the east end of the city to get groceries. Now you have to understand that the east end is crazy, poorly planned, full of big box stores and grumpy people. I'm not sure why I thought this would be a good idea.
jan 22, 2011

It actually wasn't bad at all. Yes there were people driving like crazy people and making their own parking spots. And people pushing enormous carts piled to the brim with cat food, rice and orange juice, rounding corners without looking. And, of course, the line ups were insane. However. I had no where else I needed to be and was happy to people watch and chat with the lady in front of me about The Secret.

green ribbon: from a ribbon watch that was a Christmas present
black long underwear shirt: Walmart?
dress: H&M
leggings: Joe Fresh
boots: Spring



Later in the afternoon my family picked me up for an Asian grocery adventure! I love this little store full of things I don't understand and many delights!

Then the ladies got together to cuddle a baby and play games. Which is pretty perfect if you ask me.


Today I'm thankful for lazy days that allow a nap in the middle. Perfect.

Comments

Melissa said…
That green ribbon adds so much fun to this! I'm glad you had a good time shopping. :)
I swear I wore this exact outfit in 1996, and it was my favorite thing ever! You, however, are still much cooler than my 14 year old self.
Kimberly said…
I love grocery stores like that too. They always make me feel so adventurous! Love the dress!
Bella said…
This is such a descriptive, visual post. I can actually see you as you participate in your Saturday endeavors! Love it! Almost as much as I love this look! Perfect for the day you've described.
Cara said…
The dress is great! It would be wonderfully comfortable! Driving the East End is horrible, and Vic Ave is always so icy!

Popular Posts