2010 Review: Fall

And here we are at the end of 2010...

* I needed a focus to help me to blog more so I started posting regular outfit photos and a few people (other than my family) started reading Keep Warm. It makes me so excited that the world can become smaller and more encouraging for all of us out here. Doing this blog and reading many others has inspired me to look at what I have in my closet and how I can make use of those items. I think that even though I'm heavier than I was last year at this time, I have a better relationship with my body. I hope that I'm learning what I really look like rather than the lies and mean things that my brain sometimes wants confuse me with. I'm understanding, with the help of all these amazing bloggers that I read, that beauty is everywhere, we all just have to have the confidence to let it shine! Thanks so much to everyone!

* The Gentleman Caller and I celebrated our 1 year date-iversary by going to Calgary and Banff. I forgot my camera and the only picture of the 2 of us is a poloroid in my office. It was beautiful and really fun...

* I got a new job because I just wasn't happy at my old one anymore. I had to leave an amazing, huge office for a slightly smaller one downstairs. I still work for the same organization and for that I am grateful.

* I turned 29!! What?? Last time I looked I was 12... We had a karaoke and colourful birthday party!

* I went to a Bhutanese religious festival, Durga Puja. It was beautiful...

* My car was stolen at the beginning of November from right by my apartment. I'm still without a car because all that we've found have been shoddy or standard and I really really do not want to drive a standard. It's super isolating and I feel like a hobo and a mooch...

* For work I was in the newspaper twice (kinda), on local cable TV, and on community radio. I feel like they should create a PR role for me! I don't mind speaking in front of people so I'm happy to do it.

* My sister finished her Master's degree in Physiotherapy and moved home. We're sooooo happy to have her back. And now for the first time in her life she doesn't have to study so we call her Fun Gill. I like her! She, our cousin, me and all our others went out for dinner to celebrate!




I hope that your 2010 was wonderful and peaceful!
2011 can only get better!!!

Comments

Cara said…
Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I think I recognize you from Trivia - good luck next term (not that you need it!). Our strongest team mate moved over Christmas, so we're not sure on the status of our team right now, but hopefully if we're still around, we'll be able to provide some kind of competition for you! Happy blogging!
Matt said…
Yay, that's SO awesome that your blog is encouraging you and helping you have a stronger relationship to your body!! That's horrible about your car though!! But sounds like a lot of good was going on too! :)

Popular Posts