Close as you can get without touching

This weekend I did errands relaxingly. I cycled around to the bank, farmer's market, a Ukrainian festival, and the grocery store.
I made the Gentleman and myself a delish dinner 
And I also washed my hair with baking soda. It seemed like the thing to try. It made my hair HUGE! I felt like a lion!

aug 23 2011

Monday was my day off so I cleaned literally all day. I packed up things I know I won't need in the next month (and I guess the next year). I washed floors and windowsills. Sadly there was another windstorm today so my apartment is again covered in a fine layer of gritty dust.

I only had 3 minutes to pick out this outfit this morning. I woke up to an urgent email from my Aussie friend strongly encouraging me to buy tickets for the Meredith music festival. My mornings are pretty tight on time generally, but I had to buy them immediately because the access code for purchases was only good for a few more hours. The point it we're going to this awesome festival and it's going to be so great!!

dress: Joe Fresh
cardigan & belt: Ricki's
necklace: art fair
shoes: Penny Loves Kenny "Madison"


Today I am thankful that I still have one set of grandparents and that they live in my city. I went to visit them today and came away with garden tomatoes, cucumbers, and a beautiful flower...

Comments

Style Journey said…
I love relaxing weekends, unfortunately I don't get too many of them!

Love the pattern mixing and your dress is so lovely!

Heather
cute combo! I love pink and black, but always find myself looking a bit goth. You don't, so you win.

Baking soda hair washing? that sounds interesting! Any benefits? apart from huge hair?
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights
Anonymous said…
As much as I love it when I have big hair, I think I'd better skip the baking soda wash. ;)

I hope you enjoy your music festival!
Vanessa said…
I was on a baking soda as shampoo and vinegar as conditioner kick for a few months - it helped a bit, I think, as I tried to combat some crazy hard water I have in my apartment.
I love the outfit mix today! The soft florals are really bold and invigorated with the stripes.
Unknown said…
I love this pattern mixing!

Popular Posts