FBFF: Wishing and Hoping

Today we're talking about dreams and hopes. Head over to Modly Chic to see everyone's answers!


1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be?
Oh my goodness! I have this beautiful dream of owning my own clothing, accessories and bits and bobs store. This store would be a space that women could come and feel very welcome. I would want to be able to make them a cup of tea, chat, and then help them find something that makes them want to dance and celebrate life. I also really want this amazing store to be somewhere else. Ideally England or Spain because I feel most me there.
vision5


2. What draws you to this?
I am not a small girl. Shopping for clothes was horrible in my teenage years. Then I found a store (Ricki's) that had nice things in a variety of sizes. That's why many things that I own are from there. And I learned a way of dressing that I felt better about myself. I did my psychology honours thesis on body image and self esteem and through dressing to please myself I discovered that I'm not hideous or invisible. I'd like to help other women feel good about themselves in an atmosphere that is beautiful and community-minded.

vision3


3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal?
I've always dreamed about this but it's only in the past few years that I actually believe that it can be a possibility some day. I have a lot of work to do but I think that I can do it!

vision2


4. What's holding you back from going all in?
Timing: I'm about to move to Australia
Location: I don't know where I want to open this shop
Inventory: I don't know where to find the clothing that I want to sell

vision1


5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream?
While I'm traveling I'm looking into brands and independant designers that I'm interested in. I'm keeping an inspiration folder on Pinterest. I need to look more closely at immigration for Spain or England (if anyone knows anything about this I'd love to know!). I need to learn everything I can from small business owners and entrepreneurs. That's actually a lot of steps. I'd better get started!



Comments

Chelsea said…
I believe a trip to Spain or England is in order when you do open your lovely shop! What you wrote about body image and dressing you please yourself spoke to my soul. Seriously! I almost teared up. You are so going to do this, I know it, and I can't wait for it to all come to fruition for you!

Though I've only "known" you a short time, I can honestly say that you deserve it my dear. And not only that! Anyone who would enter your store would benefit too! So... if not for you, do it for humanity, yo! xoxo
Nanne said…
I love your answers!One of my dreams though I didn't mention it in my FBFF post, is to move to Greece with my husband:) I hope your dream comes true!
Candy said…
Beautiful dream! I'm seeing a recurring theme to help other women feel better about themselves in the posts I've read so far.
Katy Rose said…
You and At the Pink of Perfection both envision opening stores that serve tea and allow women to come in and relax while shopping. What a great idea! - Katy
Kimberlee said…
Aww I'm so glad there are so many of you who want to open stores - DO IT! There needs to be more entrepreneurs and female ones :)
Summer said…
Moving to Australia?!? Holy crap. That is an amazing dream in and of itself!!! =)

You will make it all happen, I can just tell.
Fabienne Jach said…
I'm going to have to follow you on Pinterest, I love all the imagery you found. I wish there were more shops like what you intend on doing. Kudos to you! I wish you all the best.
:) f
The House in the Clouds
LyddieGal said…
Well I hope your dream becomes a reality someday! It's a really wonderful one!

Chic on the Cheap
erleichda said…
i wish you all the best with your dream. just get on with it you know... it better to try than not to ; )

Popular Posts